Friday, October 27th, 2006
Are you looking for information on how your store pages are indexed by Yahoo! Search? Register and authenticate your store with Yahoo! Site Explorer to get detailed information about search activities on your Yahoo! Store.
What is Yahoo! Site Explorer
Site Explorer is a tool that lets you access the information Yahoo! has in our search index about a site’s online presence. You can see which sites and subpages are indexed by Yahoo! Search, track sites that link into your pages, and view the most popular pages from any site.
Use Site Explorer to:
- Find which subpages within a URL are indexed by Yahoo!.
- Find pages that link to that site or any page. (inlinks)
- Submit and track feeds for your sites.
What do I need to do?
Register your Yahoo! Store:
- Sign in to Yahoo! Site Explorer and register your Yahoo! store.
- Once your store has been registered, click the Authenticate button to obtain your alpha-numeric filename and contents.
(e.g. Filename: y_key_7abe9b660c327bb1.html, File contents: b171066591908be4)
Authenticate your Yahoo! Store:
- Open a new browser window and go to Yahoo! Small Business.
- Sign in to your Store Manager and click the Search Engines link under the Promote Section.
- In the Authenticate with Yahoo! Site Explorer section, enter the alpha-numeric Filename and File Contents that you have obtained from Site Explorer.
- After clicking Done, publish your Order Settings.
Tell Site Explorer Your Store is ready to Authenticate:
- Return to Site Explorer, and click Ready to Authenticate. Site Explorer will then check for the authentication file within 24 hours and your site should be authenticated. Learn more.
Yahoo! Site Explorer contains many valuable features for site owners. Take advantage of these tools by registering and authenticating your Yahoo! store today.
Yahoo! Small Business