Saturday, January 5th, 2008
Just a heads up to merchants that we recently launched Inspiration Video Profiles for our Small Business News & Resources section. In these short videos, five successful Yahoo! merchants provide some insight into their beginnings, their challenges, and some advice for merchants considering starting an online retail venture. I would recommend the videos to any merchant thinking about how to start or even how to take their business to the next level.
Here’s a run-down of the merchants and videos:
- Au-Co Mai of emitations.com, retailer of sterling silver jewelry and celebrity jewelry, talks about her beginnings with internet retailing and the importance of listening to customers. Watch the video.
- Karen McMasters of barebabies.com, retailer of high-end baby strollers and products, chats about getting started and how her sales have grown since she started. Watch the video.
- Maia Haag of I See Me Inc., retailer of personalized children’s books, discusses the benefits and challenges of running a home-based business. Watch the video.
- Diana Nelson of Kazoo & Company, retailer of educational children’s toys, games and puzzles, speaks about how she takes care of customers and also tries to have fun to stave off career burn-out. Watch the video.
- Alan Hutchinson of HTMarket.com, retailer of home theater seating, furniture and equipment, talks about how he got started and to follow your passions. Watch the video.
The videos show that while each merchant really is unique, they all share the same entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to turn their ideas into a reality.
Yahoo! Small Business