Thursday, February 3rd, 2011
Be sure to check out today’s Retail Smarts column on Search Engine Land, written by Rob Snell. For those of you out there who are new to the blog, Rob Snell has sold dog training collars and equipment on his Yahoo! store, Gun Dog Supply, since 1997; authored Starting a Yahoo! Business for Dummies; teaches conversion optimization and SEO for ecommerce; and contributes valuable Y! Store Blog posts from time to time.
In "Online Retailers: Need a $10,354,767 Sales Bump?," Rob writes about:
- How he currently does SEO for online stores
- Putting a dollar figure on SEO
- How to use analytics to prioritize pages
- A homework exercise you can do to evaluate your homepage links
In case you missed it last month, Rob also wrote an article for Web Marketing Today that provides a wealth of tips on how to create compelling content for your store, to help you gain a competitive advantage. In his article, he looks at:
- Where to start creating content and how much to write
- Budgeting resources for creating content
- Prioritizing products with profit in mind
- Making a content checklist
- How content generates revenue
I recommend taking a few minutes to read Rob’s articles. You’re sure to come away with some tips that can help you optimize your online store.