Friday, March 4th, 2011
I know you love SEO tips. And I know you especially love SEO tips from marketing guru Rob Snell, who uses his SEO expertise to sell dog training collars on Gun Dog Supply, his Yahoo! store, and often shares his valuable insights with Yahoo! Store Blog readers.
If you haven’t seen his latest Retail Smarts column for Search Engine Land, which looks at how he achieved a 300% retail sales explosion with 30 minutes of SEO, I recommend that you take a few minutes to read it. Here are a few of the SEO gems you’ll come away with:
- Why you should name your products using the keywords customers search for, rather than using the manufacturer’s name or industry jargon
- How to find and target generic product keywords
- Tips on writing compelling product page content
- A homework assignment that lets you try his tips out
Another great SEO article also posted over at Search Engine Land comes from Ian Lurie, who offers simple tips for writing an SEO style guide, to keep everyone who creates content for your site inline with your SEO goals. Read his suggestions about:
- Using the right words in your copy
- Linking standards
- Rules for writing title tags
Want to read more great SEO tips? Check out some past posts to the blog.